31 March 2016

March recap

MUG FROM SOCIETY6
So, March has felt like quite a long month to be honest! I got a ton of books in the first weeks and I read a ton in the beginning of the month too! I feel both accomplished and disappointed, weirdly enough. But March was a good month for me and I hope it was a good month for you too.

blogging goals
Well, I haven't really blogged that much this month and I'm quite sad about that! I've been neglecting my memes and to be honest, I just haven't been in the mood to blog at all. 

I'm still using my review spreadsheet which I found in January and I'm still loving it! I just added a new feature to it so I can keep track of my read short stories, novellas and graphic novels. I don't count those as books but I still want to keep track of them. 

Even though I've updated libib with all my new books this month I haven't fully updated it. I still need to update my status, tags etc, for each new book. 

I haven't used my blog planner this month, well, I've looked at it but I haven't actually used it. I've therefore tried to transfer it into my bullet journal for April because I hope it's a better format! Hopefully it works! 


reading goals
I'm actually quite proud of myself when it comes to my reading goals this month! At the moment of typing this I've read 9 books which adds up to 3366 pages! I hope to finish A Clockwork Orange before the month is over but I don't think it's realistic since I'm in a reading slump at the moment. The  9 books I read this month is;

  1. The Shamer's Daughter + The Shamer's Signet (The Shamer Chronicles, #1-2) by Lene Kaaberbøl 
  2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt ★.5
  3. The Serpent Gift + The Shamer's War (The Shamer Chronicles, #3-4) by Lene Kaaberbøl ★.5
  4. Silverhorse (Katriona, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl 
  5. The Ermine (Katriona, #2) by Lene Kaaberbøl 
  6. Midnight (Katriona, #3) by Lene Kaaberbøl 
  7. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 
  8. The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3) by Page Morgan 
  9. January (Calendar Girl, #1) by Audrey Carlan ★.5
This actually means that I finished a total of 3 series this month! And I read two complete series, out of those 3, this month! My total of finished series is now up to 9 and my goal was 7-10 so that's quite good - if I may say so myself. 
  1. The Shamer Chronicles by Lene Kaaberbøl
  2. Katriona by Lene Kaaberbøl
  3. The Dispossessed by Page Morgan
I didn't read (much) less YA this month since 6 out of those 9 books are YA - but I enjoyed all of them! 5 of those is also written by a Danish author, whom I absolutely love, so I enjoyed them nonetheless! And that was actually my reason for reading less YA - I didn't enjoy the majority of the ones I read last year. 

I reread the first book in The Shamer Chronicles, The Shamer's Daughter, this month and I really enjoyed it! The series got better and better for each book! 

8 out the 9 books I read were from my shelves (one from my digital shelf!) and I think that's the best I've done so far this year! I've read a total of 15 books from my shelves towards my goal of 50! So I need to get a move on - but April won't help with any of my goals... You'll find out why soon enough. 

I read a single classic, so now I've read 5 classics this year! I didn't finish a single audiobook and I've totally forgotten about my two yearlong reads; The Happiness Project and 365 stories

I almost forgot! I read a single graphic novel this month which is; Nimona by Noelle Stevenson! I gave it 5 out of 5 stars and I'm just waiting for my paycheck so I can buy myself a copy! It's definitely one of my favorite reads of the year so far! 

New on the shelf
Somehow I managed to acquire 24 new books this month - but I got rid of 15 books I'm not going to read. I also got rid of 3 books I know I'm not going to reread so at least I had space for all my new books! 



BIRTHDAY BOOK HAUL



MY FIRST OWLCRATE

No comments:

Post a Comment