11 March 2016

First Paragraphs: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


I'm about halfway through Sense and Sensibility now and I'm really beginning to enjoy it! I was a bit disappointed with the first 100 pages but now, almost 200 pages in, I just want to keep on reading! I don't think I'm loving it as much as Pride and Prejudice but maybe in the end?

This is my third book by Jane Austen and I'm hoping to get through the last three and her short stories before I turn 20! I really love reading about this period in time, if you have any recommendations, please write them in the comments! 

The family of Dashwood had been long settled in Sussex. Their estate was large, and their residence was at Norland Park in the centre of their property, where, for many generations, they had lived in so respectable a manner, as to engage the general good opinion of their surrounding acquaintance.

Sense and Sensibility is the story about Elinor and Marianne Dashwood. Elinor has sense while Marianne has sensibility and it's basically about their quests for love and how different they are!


Which one of Austen's work are your favorite? If you haven't read any, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment