14 February 2016

Weekly rewind 2.14.16

Here I am, once again, with my weekly wrap up! Do tell me if there's anything you think I should add or are curious about! I love making wrap ups, as you probably know by now!

On blogging
This week I re-found my love for blogging, again! I wrote a bunch of posts, just like last week, and I scheduled a whole ton of them! 

I still haven't heard back from Odera O'Gonuwe about her author interview, which I'm really looking forward to sharing with you but I have other things planned! Like a guest post from Penni Mannas Diefendorf, an excerpt from Thirst by R.P. Channing - and an interview with him as well. (But now we're getting ahead of ourselves. 

Next week is actually a holiday here in Denmark which means a whole week to read and blog! 

On reading
READS, SECOND WEEK OF FEBRUARY
Reading wise it's been an okay week. I read and finished Omega Beginnings Miniseries by Lizzy Ford. It's been quite a while since I read Omega, which is the first book in the 'main' series, but I really enjoyed learning more about certain characters. It's great and you can expect a review on February 18. There's also a review of Omega here. 

I'm still reading Jane Eyre and I'm still really enjoying it! Mr. Rochester has arrived and well, his dialogue is quite hard to understand at times but I like learning more about him. 
I also began The Complete Chronicles of Narnia this week since I have to read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for our bookclub which is meeting on March 2. My plan is to make some treats from the book - since it's my birthday and I need to bring goodies - so I need to read it in advance. 

I finished another book this week, last night actually, but I'm not sure it's translated to English yet. It's called 62 Days by Cilla Naumann. It's definitely not something I'd pick up for myself, but I received it earlier this week from a Danish publisher. I think my brother would like it though - he can feel a bit special reading an unreleased book, right? 

On the shelf
THE SILKWORM (CORMORAN STRIKE, #2) & CAREER OF EVIL (CORMORAN STRIKE, #3) BOTH BY ROBERT GALBRAITH
This week has brought a few surprises! I bought The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) and Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3) last week and I received them this week! Or rather, I received The Silkworm and a large print version of Career of Evil - which I had to send back. I therefore bought another copy of Career of Evil which luckily isn't a large print version! My J.K. Rowling collection is complete for now! 

I also received 3 books for review; 
I received a random package from a Danish publisher containing two upcoming releases. One was 62 Days which I've already read and the other is about a hairdresser called Angelika Lagermark. The book is written by Anna Jansson and the title sounds weird translated directly; The Destiny Goddess (or The Fate) from Salon d'Amour. I don't believe it's translated into English yet either. 

The last book I received for review is a digital copy;

AUGUST 2016
I love 'project' type books like The Happiness Project. I've been wanting to read more memoirs which involve some kind of goal and this was perfect. It's actually already released, but I don't know if this contains something extra, whether it's just another publisher or if it's just the second edition! I'm looking forward to reading it though. 


On discoveries
I discovered that my boyfriend actually gives a damn about my reading and blogging! He came up with an awesome idea for my blog planner which I'm going to share with you guys in a few weeks. 

I discovered some apps, both bookish and non-book related; 

  • Metalalia, which is an app containing stories but I'm not really sure how it works yet. It's cute though. 
  • There's also Blinkist which is a way to read nonfiction books in 15 minutes or less - as far as I can tell from their website you get a free trial and then you can choose from 3 plans (free, plus and premium). Correct me if I'm wrong! 
  • Splitwise! I often buy groceries while I'm out shopping or buy other stuff for my family or boyfriend. Splitwise is a great way to keep track of what you owe and what others owe you! Also, if you split a bill it's perfect! It's completely free too and I really like the setup. 

On all the rest
This week on the blog;


Next week;
  • There's a guest post from Penni Mannas Diefendorf, an author, tomorrow! 
  • I of course have a Top Ten Tuesday as always - this weeks it's about songs I wish were books
  • Then, hopefully,  have a review of Omega Beginnings Miniseries by Lizzy Ford 
  • Friday is as always reserved for a book beginning - which is now First Paragraphs! I'm not sure which book to share next week yet. Maybe Hidden Bodies since my review will be up on the release day (Feb. 23)? 
  • Lastly I have an excerpt of Thirst by R.P. Channing for you guys on Saturday! 
I hope you guys had a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment