5 January 2016

Reflecting on 2015

2015 was a year full of new books! It was a year where I evolved, where I became aware just how much I can handle and I realized that I'm not sure who and what I want to be yet. It was also a year filled with milestones;
In 2015 I turned 18
In 2015 me and my boyfriend celebrated our 3 year anniversary
In 2015 I graduated or I became what we call 'student' here in Denmark
In 2015 I received my first proof copy
In 2015 I received my first actual ARC
In 2015 I reached 100+ followers on G+
In 2015 I reached 1000 followers on Instagram
In 2015 I started receiving physical books for review from Danish publishers and a Danish site
In 2015 I created a new blog in Danish called Frk. Litteratur (Miss Literature)
So, that's a quick summary of my year. The majority was reached in the last 4-6 months! I'm quite proud of everything I achieved this year.

Let's talk literature;

In 2015 I read a total of 130 books! I'm quite astonished with that number since my goal was 75. Aside from that I read 32 childrens books, short stories and novellas in total, I also read 3 graphic novels. Yes, I like to keep it separate since I don't think graphic novels count as books!
According to goodreads I read 43. 487 in 2015 - I have no idea whether that's true or not but it's probably around that number.
The best books I read in 2015 was;
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
  • Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
  • I nærheden (Nearby) by Peter Hugge
  • All of the Above by James Dawson
  • You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes
  • A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  • If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher 
 I quite like that it's a mix of YA, adult and nonfiction!

When it comes to the amount of books read July was definitely an amazing month! Somehow I managed to read 20 books! I believe cramathon made that happen! I read the least amount of books in September where I managed to read 4.

The longest book I read was A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin with a whopping 780 pages - close second was Dublin or The Princes of Ireland - which is the original title - with 768 pages!
The shortest book I read was The Pearl by John Steinbeck though and I was not a fan!

The book which surprised me the most was The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass. I picked it up on a whim expecting a mediocre but fast read and what I got was definitely a fast read but I loved it. I'm waiting for the last book to be released to I can marathon The Heir and The Crown since they are about the daughter!
I've also had some disappointing reads, as I'm sure everybody have. I have two that really disappointed me; 99 Days by Katie Cotugno and Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer.

Since I don't have any goals, except for reading 75 books, I really have nothing else to say about 2015. Here's to a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment