|November wrap up|
- The Carrie Diaries (The Carrie Diaries, #1) by Candace Bushnell ★★★
- Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins ★★★★
- Counting Stars by Keris Stainton ★★★ (review)
- A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf ★★★★★
The Carrie Diaries is basically my favorite tv-show so I couldn't wait to read it. Turns out the show is sooo much better than the series! I didn't like any of the characters and I just didn't get the same 'old'-times feel as I do watching the series.
- Prometheus by Aischylos ★★★★
- King Oedipus by Sofokles ★★★★
- Svøm med dem som drukner (Swim with those who drown) by Lars Mytting ★★★★
- Medea by Euripides ★★★ (re-read)
- When I Was Me by Hilary Freeman ★★★ (review)
- Beowulf by anonymous ★★★
- The ACB of Honora Lee by Kate De Goldi ★★★★ (review)
- Everyman by anonymous ★★★
- You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes ★★★★★ (audiobook)
- George by Alex Gino ★★★★ (audiobook)
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf ★★★★
- The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbøl ★★★★
Definitely did a lot better reading wise in October than in September! I read a bunch of plays and a bit of medieval literature since it was a class I took and I had to read 5 books from medieval times and 5 books from ancient times - I quite liked everything I read!
I also found my love for audiobooks once I again, as I do once in a while!
- Odes by Horats ★★★
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon ★★★★
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov ★★★
- Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk ★★★
- Cloud 9 by Alex Campbell ★★★ (review)
- Lily and the Christmas Wish by Keris Stainton ★★★★★ (review to come)
- Anything That isn't This by Chris Priestly ★★★ (review)
- I nærheden (Nearby) by Peter Hugge ★★★★★
- The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box, #1) by Richard Paul Evans ★★★
Since I got a bunch of freetime I decided to start participating in our local book club for young adults and I also started singing in our church choir again! I didn't manage to read as much as I wanted, but since I've read almost 600 pages in Dublin (or Princes of Ireland) I'm quite happy with what I managed to get through!
Novellas and short stories read
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad ★★★
- The Dead by James Joyce ★★★★
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe ★★★
- Sildig Opvaagnen by St. St. Blicher ★★★
- Odour of Chrysanthemums by D.H. Lawrence ★★★
- The Crocodile by Fyodor Dostoyevsky ★★★★
- Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka ★★★
- The Other Boat by E.M. Forster ★★★★
- The Short and Happy Life of Francis Macomber by Ernest Hemingway ★★★★
- A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner ★★★
- The Midnight Hour by Andrea L. Wells ★★★★★ (review)
- Tales from Christmas Wood by Suzy Senior ★★★★(children's book)
Since I dropped out of university I probably won't read that many novellas or short stories as I did in September and October - since I don't really read short stories or novellas on my own.
I'm finally up to speed with my monthly wrap ups and I have some different things planned for December! It's my favorite time of year so look forward to some exciting times!