31 May 2015

Monthly wrap up for May

I can't believe that 5 whole months has passed already! It feels like it was just a blink of an eye. Even as I write this I can't help thinking that I get my diploma in a month - which was so far away three years ago. Time is flying by way to quickly for my liking! 
I can't say that May was the best reading month but I came across some spectacular books and I read a bunch of classics. One of my most anticipated releases of the year was quite disappointing though, and ended up putting me in a reading slump. However, I managed to read a total of 9 books during May and I was only disappointed by 1 - score! I also managed to read Never Never part two the day it was released, and now I have to wait for the conclusion - why do I do this to myself? Nevertheless, in May I read:
  1. The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed #1) by Page Morgan 🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓
  2. Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott 🍓🍓🍓🍓
  3. The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith 🍓🍓🍓🍓
  4. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno 🍓🍓🍓
  5. Ten Little Niggers by Agatha Christie 🍓🍓🍓🍓
  6. The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed #2) by Page Morgan 🍓🍓🍓🍓
  7. Emma by Jane Austen 🍓🍓🍓🍓
  8. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 🍓🍓🍓
  9. Books, Blogs, & Reality by Ryan Ringbloom 🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓
The single novella I read was: 
  1. Never Never part two by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher 🍓🍓🍓🍓

I didn't buy that many books in May, to be precise I only bought 3 and I've read all of them this month as well. I have to admit; I'm quite proud of myself!


I preordered 99 Days last month, but since I received it this month I'm counting it towards this months book haul!

Even though I finished it I was quite disappointed with 99 Days. I absolutely loved How to Love by the same author but this was just bad.

I treated myself to two classics after my first exam. I've wanted to read both for a while and it was definitely luck that I ended up finding them so cheap (2 and 3$). I even found an edition of Ten Little Niggers by Agatha Christie from 1960! You can't even buy it with that title anymore!
Between those two Ten Little Niggers definitely win - I didn't see the ending coming! I loved the first half of The Catcher in the Rye and was disappointed with the rest of it.


As for my June TBR I only my review books for the month:
This month I have 4 books from Hot Key Books; - Almost Grace by Rosie Rowell
- How to be Bad by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski
- Only We Know by Simon Packham
and lastly Being a Girl by Hayley Long - my current read.

I also received the Danish translation of Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins so I hope I can get to that as well!









Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment