13 April 2015

How I unwind and relax


So, I've been figuring out different ways to relax these past few weeks and I figured that I might as well share my ways of unwinding and relaxing with you guys!
Before we begin I should probably tell you that I've been in a reading slump for a couple of weeks so some of the methods have to do with audiobooks. Mainly because I relax and unwind when I read - so reading is a great way, if not the best way, to unwind and relax.


Stop procrastinating 
This is probably one of the most important factors in relaxing (at least for me), if I know I have an assignment due in a few days I haven't done yet or if I have homework for the next day that I haven't looked at yet I simply can't relax. So why not do what you have to do - or if it's bigger 'chores' say 'today I'll work on the assignment for an hour or two and then I can relax'.
Just stop procrastinating! If you've done everything you have to do you can relax with a clean conscience instead of just trying to relax even though you have a ton of stuff to do.


Colouring and audiobooks
I don't know about you but before I discovered adult coloring books I've always thought about coloring books as something for kids. I used to love coloring in, it's so relaxing and quite fun if you challenge yourself a bit but as I got older I stopped drawing and I stopped coloring. Then I discovered this new trend with adult coloring books, the drawings are more intricate and I've fallen in love! I've already bought a two and my favorite so far is the Mindfullness Coloringbook (the one in the picture).

Listening to audiobooks while I color is probably one of the best things I've ever come across. I tend to zone out and not really listen when I listen to audiobooks but coloring while listening definitely helps me with keeping my focus on the story. It's also a great way to read even though you're in a reading slump!

If you want to see some of the illustrations you can do so hereYou can actually get a free pattern from Emma Farrarons to color yourself here.
Some other coloring books I really want are Enchanted ForestSecret Garden and Animal Kingdom.

But to summarize; colouring in a coloring books while listening to audiobooks is one of the best methods, at least for me, to unwind and relax. It doesn't have to be a mindfullness one or even an expensive one - just a coloring book. If you don't want to spend a lot of money before you've even tried it you can find a lot of free patterns on the internet or pinterest.


Walking and listening to audiobooks
Even though I haven't tried this method yet I'm sure it works and I'm going to try it as soon as the weather is better here in Denmark.
Just try to image it; you have your headphones on, listening to a great book and enjoying the nature. It's healthy, it's great exercise and it's good for your brain!


Get in your PJ's!
When I want to relax I usually put on some comfortable clothes or just my PJ's, I always feel like I can relax when I'm 'ready for bed' - even though it's in the middle of the day. For me it's impossible not to relax when I'm wearing my PJ - it's even better with a cup of tea and a good book. Simple things are probably the best way to relax.


Other ideas

  • Take a nice warm bath, maybe even listen to some musicure or relaxing music while you're at it
  • Just lie in your bed with your eyes closed and think about how you breathe - maybe listen to an audiobook if this is to cheesy for you
  • Pamper yourself; manicure, pedicure, mask etc. It doesn't have to be expensive to work
  • Clean your room - it's easier to relax and unwind in a clean space
  • I know some people who relax when they write, maybe you're one of them.

Do you know other ways to unwind and relax? Tell me in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment