31 March 2015

Monthly wrap up for March


Even though March is my birthday-month it didn't start out that well; I was hospitalized on my birthday and had to stay in the hospital for a week. 
I haven't been that lucky with my reading choices this month either; I only read a single five star book and I was disappointed by the majority of the books I read this month - hopefully April will be better. Nevertheless I read a total of 14 books which adds up to 4626 pages. 
  1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson ★★★★☆
  2. As Red As Blood (Lumikki Andersson #1) by Salla Simukka ★☆☆☆☆
  3. The Beloved by Allison Rattle ★★☆☆☆
  4. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★☆
  5. Hand Drawn Jokes for Smart Attractive People by Matthew Diffee ★★★☆☆
  6. This is Water by David Foster Wallace ★★★☆☆
  7. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass
    #3) by Sarah J. Maas
    ★★★★☆
  8. This Shattered World (Starboard #2) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner ★★★★☆
  9. Miss Blackpool (aka. Funny Girl) by Nick Hornby ★★☆☆☆
  10. How We Deal With Gravity by Ginger Scott ★★★★★
  11. Beastly (Beastly #1) by Alex Flinn ★★★☆☆
  12. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn ★★★☆☆
  13. Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage) by Sarah Cross ★★★★☆
  14. Towering by Alex Flinn ★★☆☆☆
I also discovered a new love for short stories and novellas. I only found out about short stories and novellas last year or maybe the year before and I've always had a love-hate relationship with them.. I read a total of 7 short stories and novellas which adds up to 360 pages
  1. After the Ball (Beau Rivage #1.5) by Sarah Cross ★★★★☆ 
  2. Twin Roses (Beau Rivage #1.6) by Sarah Cross ★★★★☆
  3. The Witch of Duva (The Grisha #0.5) by Leigh Bardugo ★★★☆☆
  4. The Traitor (The Grisha #1.5) by Leigh Bardugo ★★★☆☆
  5. Love is a Choice (Across the Universe #0.5) by Beth Revis ★★★☆☆
  6. This Night so Dark (Starbound #1.5) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner ★★★☆☆
  7. Lindy's Diary (Beastly #1.5) by Alex Flinn ★★★☆☆
This month I read a total of 14 books and 7 short stories and novellas, which means I read 4986 pages in total - not that bad since I didn't read anything the first week of March! 

I also acquired a ton of books this month - I haven't really bought any books since Summer and since I received some birthday money I figured I would buy some books.. I might have bought a bit too many but I've already read a couple...

One of the first books I got this month was The Carrie Diaries (The Carrie Diaries #1) by Candace Brushell. I found it at this market we go to once in a while and I got it for about 4$ - for a basically new hardcover, that's a steal!

I placed an order with Amazon with the majority of my birthday money and the two hardbacks I got in that order was This Shattered World (Starboard #2) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and Us by David Nichols - I mainly bought Us because it was cheaper than any of the other books I got.

I've already read This Shattered World and I was a bit disappointed to be honest, I enjoyed the first book but this wasn't as good.

As you can see from the picture I bought an insane amount of paperbacks this month; I read Gone Girl this weekend and even though it surprised me quite a lot it also disappointed me..

The two white books at the bottom is Rush and Fever by Maya Banks in Danish.. I paid 2$ for Rush - I couldn't pass a deal like that up!

I actually read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin back in 2013 and I've been wanting to reread it ever since and I can now that I have my very own copy!







Since I don't have that many Netgalley books left and I won't be receiving any books from Hot Key Books this month so I have extra time to read my own books for once! I'll probably be reading;

  • The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson
  • and The Complete Chronicles of Narnia (Narnia #1-7) by C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment