3 June 2014

Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki

Series: Sinners #1
Publication date: June 27, 2014
Publisher: Abi and Missy Books
Genres: YA Dystopia
Format: egalley
Source: netgalley
Pages: 314

Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.

My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.

I have always been so intrigued with the seven deadly sins - and I'm always on the lookout for books that somehow integrates those sins, so ofcourse I was interested in Branded the minute I read the synopsis. The book didn't disappoint me though, it was fast paced filled with action, love, friendships and everything that's good.

I really liked our main character Lexi she is so strong yet so weak, she looks out for people she care about and she has just been through so much - which is why it's so heartbreaking to learn her story, things have just been so terrible since the death of her father and it seems like things just can't get any worse for her, and then she gets sent to the Hole.
Cole, Lexi's guard in the Hole, is lovely. There were times where I wanted to strangle him - which meant that I literally had to put the book down and take a few calming breaths, and there were times where I couldn't help but smile and wanting to hug him. He also has the cutest dog named Zeus - which forms an amazing bond with Lexi, I just loved those two together, it's not often I read a book where an animal is such a big part of the story. I adored Zeus!
Another important character I absolutely loved and adored was the sweet Alyssa who Lexi takes care of at the hospital - where she works - and somehow this turns out to be the most beautiful friendship I've ever read about. Alyssa is so sick of life since her disease is going to kill her and she doesn't know when but it's going to be soon. The transformation we see in Alyssa after Lexi is assigned to her is so heartwarming, I loved reading about those two.

I really enjoyed this story and I loved the fact that the seven deadly sins where included and are such an important thing in the novel as well. I liked getting to know the characters and I can't wait to find out what happens next! Please just release the book noooow!
I gave this book 4 hearts since I absolutely adored the characters and I loved getting to know them - but something was missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment