1 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My reading journey

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the sweet girls at The Broke and the BookishEvery Tuesday we list our top ten of a certain theme, genre or anything else - basically a top ten of you name it! This Tuesday is all about our reading journies, whether it's authors who got us into reading, author's who got us into reading a different genre, authors that brought us back into reading. I will list particular books!



I absolutely loved the Harry Potter series when I first read it, and it was probably the first book ever that made me WANT to read and keep going. 

TFiOS was the first contemporary book (and my first ebook) that I ever read I think. I really enjoyed it and to this day it's still one of my favorites. 


I was actually "forced" to read Hunger Games, we had to read it for a book club and my best friend made me promise to read it... So I read it - and I loved it. I've read it 3 times and I still want to re-read it. 

Aaah Austen. P&P was my first classics and my first book about love. I've read it a couple of times and I love it more and more. I still have yet to read any of her other books, but P&P will probably remain a favorite forever!


I have read fantasy a bunch of times (a lot when I was younger) but I've never actually read a high fantasy or adult fantasy book before I read The Final Empire. I loved everything about it and I highly recommend it!

I always though nonfiction books had to be boring - but this book! I couldn't put it down. I really enjoy reading happy books and 


I recently read my first new adult novel - which was Torch - and I really really enjoyed it. If my first experience with NA had been awful, I probably wouldn't have continued with it. 

I don't enjoy reading short stories, I hate them. I have tried reading some anthologies but I can't get through them. This story is the first ever to catch my interest and I have even recommended it to people. I also really love Somnia by Isaac Marion


I haven't read much "actual" sci-fi. I've read a bunch of dystopia, but never pure sci-fi - until I read Across the Universe, and now I'm hooked! 

I know this is tecnically the second book in a series, but I didn't know that 4 or 5 years ago. Since then I've read every book I've come across that says "for fans of The Da Vinci Code" or "similar to The Da Vinci Code" and so on. The prequel (Angels and Demons) is just as good!



Remember to leave your links below

No comments:

Post a Comment