15 March 2014

Book Review: Torch by Cambria Hebert

Torch (Take It Off, #1)
Series: Take It Off #1, companion series
Publication date: August 13, 2013
Publisher: Selfpublished
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary
Format: ebook
Source: Cambria Hebert - the author
Pages: 252

Book Depository | Amazon | Goodreads 

***This is a new adult contemporary novel and contains sexual content and graphic language. It is not intended for young adult readers.***

If you can’t take the heat… stay away from the flame.



Katie Parks has been on her own since the age of fifteen. All she’s ever wanted is a place to call her own—a life that is wholly hers that no one can take away. She thought she finally had it, but with the strike of a single match, everything she worked so hard for is reduced to a pile of smoking ash. And she almost is too.



Now she’s being stalked by someone who’s decided it’s her time to die. The only thing standing in the path of her blazing death is sexy firefighter Holt Arkain.



Katie’s body might be safe with Holt… but her heart is another story.




As the danger heats up, sparks fly and the only thing Katie knows for sure is that her whole life is about to go up in flames.

I wrote to Cambria on facebook asking her about a copy of one of her books, and because she's such a sweetheart she said yes. I choose this one because it for starters is a new adult novel (which makes it my first ever NA novel) and I've vowed to start some more series, so this was perfect!

I had no idea whether I was going to like this new genre or not - but I actually really enjoyed it! I know I can't judge every NA book based on this book alone, but for a first time experience I think this is great!
I loved how this wasn't just insta-love, it was in a way, but they didn't just start having sex the minute the book started - and that was kind of what I feared.....

I loved the relationship beween Katie and Holt, because I know that sometimes "love at first sight" actually lasts - I fell for my boyfriend when I saw him and we've been together for well over a year now - I also loved how they started getting to know each other and how Holt wouldn't leave her side. 

Sometimes this book was cheesy cute, but I still loved it! Possibly because this book was just what I needed at the time - something entirely different from what I normally read, but with a splash of something I adore, which is cute boys and love. 

I almost read this book in 1 sitting (I started reading it late at night) but I had to put it down so I could do something like "sleep" (who needs that anyway?)

I recommend this book to people - especially girls - at my age I think, definetely not younger!

I decided to give this book 4 hearts, because I really really enjoyed it. I thought about giving it 5 hearts, but I decided 4 hearts was a better fit! 



I want to thank Cambria for giving me a copy of this book, I really enjoyed it and I appreciate she taking the time to chat with me! 


Have you read a new adult novel before?



No comments:

Post a Comment