25 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I'd like to start, but haven't

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful team at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday we list our top ten of a certain theme, genre or anything else - basically a top ten of you name it! This Tuesday is Top Ten Rewind, meaning we can either choose a precious topic that we missed or one we want to do again. I have chosen "Series I'd like to start, but haven't". 

As usual in no particular order: 


I have heard nothing but wonderful things about The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. The trilogy consists of Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess. From what I can gather, this trilogy takes places before The Mortal Instruments series, sometime in the 1800. 


I have heard a bunch about this series the last couple of weeks. The series consists of; Furies of Calderon, Academ's Fury, Cursor's Fury, Captain's Fury, Princep's Fury and First Lord's Fury all by Jim Butcher.This is a high fantasy series that sounds interesting! 


The conclusion to the Mara Dyer trilogy comes out this year! So now will be a great time to start reading the trilogy! It consists of; The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer and The Retribution of Mara Dyer all by Michelle Hodkin. I don't really know what this series is about since I feel like this is one of those where you have to go in blind. 


I found out a while back that a man named G. Norman Lippert had made a "spin-off" series of Harry Potter, the story is about Harry's son James - It sounds great! The series consists of; James Potter and the Hall of Elder's Crossing, James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper, James Potter and the Vault of Destinies, James Potter and the Morrigan Web and James Potter and the Crimson Thread.
This series is free for download on goodreads (just press the read now button).


I love Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series, even though I have only read the first book so far. I really like the premise of his new series Reckoners that consists of Steelheart, Firefight and Calamity (the only one that is out so far is Steelheart). 


I really want to start this trilogy soon! But I have to wait until October because I am reading it with Jayd - but I cannot wait! The trilogy consists of The Summoning, The Awakening and The Reckoning all by Kelley Armstrong - all I know about this trilogy is that there is ghosts involved. 


The TV-show is one of my favorites, so I want to read the books that started the whole thing. It is quite a massive series, so I have avoided it for quite a while, but I think I should start reading the series soon. Since there is about 14 books out so far and the 15. is planned to come out this year, I will not be listing every title. But you can click here to see the whole series. 


Since the conclusion to this series JUST came out, I hope I get to read this series soon, I don't really know that much about it. It consists of; Under the Never Sky, Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue all by Veronica Rossi. 


I have heard a ton about this series both on blogs and on booktube - and everybody says it's great! So I really want to start reading it soon! The series consists of Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound and Last Sacfrice. Apparently this is not like your typical vampire book, so I hope it's great! 


A girl assasin? Sounds awesome! But I want to wait and start this series once the 3. or 4. book is out, because this is going to be a larger series (about 6 books I think). But so far the series consists of: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire - all by Sarah J. Maas.


I actually made this Top Ten in advance, because I have never been a "series-reader" - but I vowed to read a bunch of series this year. So since I already started Across the Universe, Shatter Me, The Mortal Instruments and Mistborn, I had to change some of my choices. 


What is your Top Ten for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment