1 February 2014

Who is J.K. Rowling by Pam Pollack and Meg Belviso

Who Is J.K. Rowling?
Series: N/A, Standalone
Publication date: August 2, 2012
Publisher: Grosset and Dunlap
Genres: Non-fiction / Biography
Format: Paperback
Source: Book Depository
Pages: 105


Everyone loves Harry Potter. Now kids can learn about Harry's creator!




In 1995, on a four-hour-delayed train from Manchester to London, J. K. Rowling conceived of the idea of a boy wizard named Harry Potter. Upon arriving in London, she began immediately writing the first book in the saga. Rowling's true-life, rags-to-riches story is as compelling as the world of Hogwarts that she created. This biography details not only Rowling's life and her love of literature but the story behind the creation of a modern classic.

I love J.K. Rowling, and she will always be one of my favorite authors. 

This biography was funny, I guess it is written for kids, since there is a bunch of pictures, it is very easy to read and it takes about half an hour to read. 

Did you know that she got the idea for the books on a trainride? Did you know that Snape is based on one of her teachers from elementary school? I did not, I loved finding out about these kinds of things. It makes me love the books even more! 

Before she got published, she was actually poor, she had not enough money to feed both herself and her baby girl, Jessica. So she just fed Jessica, and when she was asleep, she pulled out her story and wrote. 

All I have to say about this book is that you seriously have to read it if you are a J.K. Rowling fan, because this is phenomenal! 

Since I love J.K. Rowling I have to give this book 5 hearts. Just read it!



Challenges: Full House: Nonfiction / TBR pile 
Resolutions: Read the books I already own / Venture out of my comfort zone / Review all the books I read

No comments:

Post a Comment