11 January 2014

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for Alaska
Series: N/A, Standalone
Publication date: February 28th 2013 (first published: March 3rd 2005)
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
Genres: YA Contemporary
Format: Paperback
Source: Gifted


Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.




After. Nothing is ever the same

Well, this book was something else... I really do not know what to think. In a way I really liked this book, and on the other hand this book was not really my cup of tea. 

I did not really feel for the main character / Miles or any of the other characters. Alaska was different than other girls in books - I liked that she was a reader, but that is about it. Chip/The Colonel was just plain out annoying. 

But after all this, I still liked it - a bit. 

When it came to the last third of the book (I think) that's when things changed. I started to feel a bit for everyone in this book, and what happened was terrible - but it still did not change my opinion of this book. 

With that said, I have to give this book 3 berries, since I liked it, but didn't like it. 



If you have read Looking For Alaska, then visit John Green's website here for more information about this book. It contains spoilers so beware! 

No comments:

Post a Comment