9 October 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

AtoZsurvey


Author you've read most books from
I've read 18 graphic novels from Robert Kirkman, but that is not actual books. So it will have to be Cathy Hopkins (13) or J.K. Rowling (10).


Best Sequel
Good question, possibly The Da Vinci Code from Dan Brown or Catching Fire.


Currently Reading?
Twilight (re-read) and Insurgent.


Drink of Choice While Reading?
Tea. Specifically strawberry tea.


E-Reader or Physical Book?
Both, I love reading on my iPad. But I also love reading actual books. So it's a tie.


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School
Hmm, Augustus from The Fault in our Stars, Peeta from Hunger Gamesor Ian from The Host


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance
Hunger Games and Twilight. I hate reading books that are always center of attention. My book club chose to read Hunger Games last year and I promised I would read it. And I did. And I LOVED it.
The reason I read Twilight is, that I lost a bet to a friend. And if I lost, I HAD to read Twilight.


Hidden Gem Book
Warm Bodies. I LOVED THAT BOOK!


Important Moment in Your Reading Life
The day I got my library card and the day I found Goodreads


Just Finished
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke


Kind of Books You Won't Read
Erotica!!!


Longest Book You've Read


Major Book Hangover Because of....
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


Number of Book Cases You Own
Well, one…. All my books are in boxes because we are moving. And all of my books never fit on my shelves.


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin (both audiobook, ebook and actual book)


Preferred Place To Read
Under the covers in my bed.


Quote That Inspires You/Gives you All the Feel from a Book You've Read
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” 

“That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt” 

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 

“I'm in love with you," he said quietly.

"Augustus," I said.

"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 

“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” 

“The marks humans leave are too often scars.” 

“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.

"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars


Reading Regret
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (well, I think I read half of it)...


Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Monstrumoligist series, HarryPotter (for the umph time)… I am extremely bad at reading series.


Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books


Unapologetic Fangirl For:
J.K. Rowling… She shaped my life - the Harry Potter books was literally the books that got me into reading. (Plus the Sorcerer's Stone came out the year I was born).


Very Excited for This Release More Than All Others
Alienated by Melissa Landers. Publication date: April 29th 2014.


Your Last Book Purchase
Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.


Zzz Snatcher Book (last book that kept you up late)
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion or The Fault in our Stars by John Green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment